Epiphany

I had an epiphany about epiphany, and I know that sounds confusing, but bear with me for a sec. I went to an art show and really had no idea what I was getting in to. I thought I was walking in to a student show where young and eager kids where attempting to personify their emotions on canvas through various colors and textures, but I saw something very different. I saw the art of an experienced man who articulated very clearly (or at least I thought) his life and experiences. There were paragraphs by the different selections, but none struck me as deeply as the one about an epiphany he had. I can't remember the title (it was in a different language) but the dimensions were by no means grand. He was trying to grasp the concept of landscape painting in modern art and something about manifest destiny in europe (blah, blah, blah) and as he was painting this landscape he had a quote come to him that came from some culture (glad I could be so vague for you), and a jet flew right over head and he got the idea he was searching for. He arrived at his epiphany. When he had the epiphany, he had his canvas and his instruments right there and painted it! It was amazing, and made so much sense to me. How many times have I lived in that moment of epiphany? Typically I curl up in a chair or couch and type away on my computer (in this case blackberry), but could it be possible for me to articulate this moments by other means and what do these means look like? Maybe this isn't a thought for me but for some of you. When you have your moment. . .what do you do with it? Do you let the moment die away like the last breath you took in or do you celebrate it by sharing it somehow with those around you? I love celebrating these moments; that is probably why I enjoy writing so much. If you guys get the chance, I am willing to help you celebrate your moment in whatever fashion. Tell me about it. I want to know and celebrate good and bad times right along with you. That is what family is for. Enjoy the epiphany!

Grace and Peace,
Josh

. Bookmark the permalink.