This Moment

There are a ton of times in my life where I feel honored to be a part of a moment. I just left Starbucks thinking about how big of an inconsiderate jerk I as all night, and walked out of my car towards the apartment to find a beautiful nightscape down at Lake Hollingsworth. I strayed from my typical route to the back door of the apartment to enjoy the moon and its reflection on the water. The scene was nothing short of amazing. There’s also this water bird in the water just a few feet away from me, unaware of my presence. Now the clouds are moving in covering the moon, and the reflection is gone. The clouds, however, seem to cause an odd glow about the sky around the moon, and the moons deflective brightness allows for a handful more celestial bodies to be seen. There appears to be a storm on the horizon, but the only affects I see are the sporadic flashes of lightning and the cool breeze originating from across the lake. Now the moon is completely blocked by the clouds, and somehow I’m picking up an internet connection from a nearby neighbor (kinda cool). Somehow I am a part of this moment. I am a part of this story in time. This second belongs to me and the birds and the clouds and the clouds and the stars. Even though I want to badly share this moment with somebody right now, I know it is not the proper season. Maybe next summer. Maybe next summer I can sit around and talk about this moment and how it made me whole. Maybe I can sit in full hindsight and reflect on how I learned honesty while still in kind, timely moderation (which would not have been the best use of words to explain my manner today). Maybe next summer I’ll be set, but wasn’t I hoping for that two summers ago or three summers ago. Was I? I honestly don’t think I was. I don’t think I had a big future to look forward to. I knew my heart beat for a purpose, but maybe I was more intrigued about the simple fact that it was still beating. Now, however, I look to the future with expectation. Not in a way that I miss this moment that I’m enjoying, but in a way that directly involves this moment I’m enjoying. Kinda cool to think about. I think I’m off to sleep know. Go enjoy some kind of moment with somebody. If not this summer, maybe next summer.

Grace and Peace,
Josh

. Bookmark the permalink.